FILMS @ SLIFF.ZACK: TIM TIMMERMAN, HOPE OF AMERICA
U.S., 2016, 94 min.
Director - Cameron Sawyer
The winner of the 2016 SLIFF Audience Choice Award for Best Film, the delightful comedy "Tim Timmerman, Hope of America" chronicles the self-promoting schemes of the title character, Mount Vista High's student-body president. Tim (St. Louis native Eddie Perino) — class of 1994 — has aspirations of attending Yale and becoming a famous politician. Although derided and snubbed by the cool kids in school, Tim manages to beat head cheerleader Mackenzie Miller in the election by assembling a wildly diverse coalition of disenfranchised groups such as the cowboys, the goths, and the nerds. Once elected as president, however, Tim has zero interest in doing any actual work: He simply coasts, believing that his office will open the door to Yale and a future political career. When Tim’s laziness and missteps undermine his dreams for the future, he realizes that Sydney (Chelsea Maidhof), a girl from a rival high school, might actually provide the quickest pathway to Washington. The attraction for scheming Tim is not Sydney’s beauty and intelligence — at least not initially — but her father’s potentially helpful connections as a U.S. senator. Nothing can stop Tim from reaching the top … except himself.
April 3, 2017 - 7:30 PM
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $13.00 - General Admission $2.00 $15.00
Students and Cinema St. Louis Members can purchase discounted tickets on site.
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 3 hours prior to show
Fox Box Office: 1 hour prior to show
The .ZACK box office opens 1 hour prior to show.
3224 Locust Street , St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The .ZACK is the Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s new four-story, 40,000-square foot property, developed in the historic Cadillac building at 3224 Locust St. housing:
- The .ZACK Theatre, a 202-seat proscenium-style theatre to be shared by .ZACK’s resident arts organizations as part of the .ZACK Performing Arts Incubator Program which also includes co-op office space, a community scene shop with separate build and paint rooms, and prop/set storage all located in the .ZACK building.
- A full-service catering company and restaurant, Turn by David Kirkland, owned/operated by award-winning local chef David Kirkland (formerly of Café Osage).
- The Urban Ballroom, a fourth-floor, private event space with full-service catering options by David Kirkland Catering. The Urban Ballroom features panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, a customizable layout, and in-house spa, perfect for any event up to 300 people.
- Second floor retail space, the future home of Sophie’s Lounge and Music Record Shop.
- Third floor commercial office space available for rent to a wide range of tenants
.ZACK brings synergy, access, and essential infrastructure for the performing arts community in St. Louis, and will be a venue in which patrons can have a dynamic, 360-degree experience. From theater fans to food and beverage lovers, and those looking to host special events, .ZACK will provide a world class experience for audiences from across the region.
The .ZACK is wheelchair accessible.