PETER EVANS SEPTET
New Music Circle proudly presents an evening of live music, DJ's, and local / regional visual artists on Thursday, April 13th in the fourth floor event space at .ZACK! Headlining the evening is Brookyln-based group, Peter Evans Septet, making their St. Louis debut.
Guest DJ: Jeff Michael (Endless Plantes / Fission Radio)
Video & Art Installation by: Elizabeth Moore, Chad Eivins, Kevin Harris, Matthew Kelly Debbaudt, Jeremy Kannapell, Stan Chisholm
The Peter Evans Septet represents a new chapter in Evans' career as a bandleader and composer. After years of touring with his electro-acoustic Quintet and releasing 3 critically acclaimed recordings with that group, in late 2016 the band expanded to reflect the increasingly multi-dimensional and orchestral direction of Evans' music. Each musician is themselves nearly a full ensemble; many of the band members play acoustic and electronic instruments and contribute impossibly wide timbral palettes. The Sextet is 21st century chamber ensemble dedicated to a broad range of creativity, drawing on dense notated scores, free improvisation, novel combinations of acoustic and electronic sounds, the seamless incorporation of electronic instruments into live improvised textures, and a performance energy channeling both intensity and sincerity. 2017 will see the Sextet tour the USA and Europe, performing a new book of compositions from Peter Evans composed specifically for this innovative new ensemble.
Peter Evans - trumpet / compositions
Mazz Swift - violin
Sam Pluta - live electronics
Ron Stabinsky - piano and keyboards
Tom Blancarte - bass
Levy Lorenzo - percussion and live electronics
Jim Black - drums
April 13, 2017 - 9:00 PM
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $20.00 - Adult Gen Admission $2.00 $22.00 $10.00 - Students & Artists $2.00 $12.00
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 3 hours prior to show
Fox Box Office: 1 hour prior to show
The .ZACK box office opens 1 hour prior to show.
3224 Locust Street , St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The .ZACK is the Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s new four-story, 40,000-square foot property, developed in the historic Cadillac building at 3224 Locust St. housing:
- The .ZACK Theatre, a 202-seat proscenium-style theatre to be shared by .ZACK’s resident arts organizations as part of the .ZACK Performing Arts Incubator Program which also includes co-op office space, a community scene shop with separate build and paint rooms, and prop/set storage all located in the .ZACK building.
- A full-service catering company and restaurant, Turn by David Kirkland, owned/operated by award-winning local chef David Kirkland (formerly of Café Osage).
- The Urban Ballroom, a fourth-floor, private event space with full-service catering options by David Kirkland Catering. The Urban Ballroom features panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, a customizable layout, and in-house spa, perfect for any event up to 300 people.
- Second floor retail space, the future home of Sophie’s Lounge and Music Record Shop.
- Third floor commercial office space available for rent to a wide range of tenants
.ZACK brings synergy, access, and essential infrastructure for the performing arts community in St. Louis, and will be a venue in which patrons can have a dynamic, 360-degree experience. From theater fans to food and beverage lovers, and those looking to host special events, .ZACK will provide a world class experience for audiences from across the region.
The .ZACK is wheelchair accessible.