Terence Blanchard & The E-Collective
The Oxford American magazine is excited to welcome Terence Blanchard featuring The E-Collective to Little Rock! This is the fourth and final show in our 2016-2017 Jazz Series. Doors open at 6:00 PM, with dinner and drinks available for purchase at that time. The series is made possible in part by presenting sponsors UCA College of Fine Arts & Communication and Cypress Properties, Inc. Additional season partners include Capital Hotel, Stella Boyle Smith Trust, Downtown Little Rock Partnership, Stacy Hamilton of Pulaski Heights Realty, Entergy Arkansas, Rosen Music Company, and Piano Kraft.
Since top-tier jazz and multiple Grammy-winning trumpeter and composer Terence Blanchard embarked on his solo recording career with his eponymous Columbia Records album in 1991, the New Orleans-born and -based artist has traveled many paths musically, including delivering adventurous and provocative acoustic jazz outings of original material, composing over fifty soundtracks, and even, in 2013, debuting Champion: An Opera in Jazz. He has also, in the spirit of his onetime membership in the jazz school of Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers, mentored several musicians in his bands who have gone on to have significant recording careers of their own, including Lionel Loueke, Aaron Parks, Kendrick Scott, and one of his current band members, Fabian Almazan.
As a leader and co-leader (significantly of four albums early in his career with fellow Crescent City artist, saxophonist Donald Harrison), Blanchard has recorded more than thirty albums that often defied genres, yet were still critically acclaimed. But, for his latest Blue Note Records album, Breathless, Blanchard powerfully and playfully journeys into another jazz realm with his new quintet, The E-Collective—an exciting zone of grooved fusion teeming with funk, R&B, and blues colors.
April 20, 2017 - 8:00 PM
$52 = Premium Reserved Table
$50 = Reserved Table
$25 = General Admission
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $52.00 $6.75 $58.75 $50.00 $6.75 $56.75 $25.00 $3.25 $28.25
- Becoming a subscriber guarantees the same table for every performance in the series.
- Doors open 2 hours prior to each show.
- Tickets are available for pickup only on the night of the show when doors open.
- The venue does not have an on-site box office. Tickets are only sold via Metrotix, or, on the night of the show when the doors open (if tickets remain.)
- Buying a reserved or premium reserved ticket guarantees you that specific seat. Seating at tables and countertops is "family style." If you do not purchase all the seats at your table, you will be seated with other patrons.
- General Admission Ticketholders - You may sit at stools at the bar, perimeter chairs not at tables, or you may stand. You are not guaranteed a seat, as seating is limited and only available first-come-first-seated when the doors open. Once all General Admission chairs are taken, there will only be standing room for all other General Admission ticketholders.
- South on Main does not take reservations for ticketed concerts.
- Food is served before and throughout the concert.
- Shows are all ages. Everyone must have a ticket to attend.
- Free surface lot parking is available.
- Additional Info: http://southonmain.com/pages/faq-ticketing-seating/
METROTIX SALES END: Noon day of show
South on Main
1304 Main Street , Little Rock, Arkansas 72202