Theo Croker Quintet
“He has the tools, the intelligence, the ability and the talents. The future looks bright for Croker.” —Wynton Marsalis
The Oxford American magazine is excited to welcome the Theo Croker Quintet to the South on Main stage! This is the first show in their 2017-18 Jazz Series. Doors open at 6:00 PM, with dinner and drinks available for purchase at that time. The series is made possible in part by presenting sponsor UCA College of Fine Arts & Communication.
Theodore Lee Croker is a jazz trumpeter, singer, and bandleader from Leesburg, Florida. The second son of William Henry Croker, a civil rights activist, high school principal, and farmer, and Alicia Cheatham, a guidance counselor, and the grandson of GRAMMY Award-winning trumpeter Doc Cheatham. Theo is a graduate of the Oberlin College Conservatory.
By the time he was ready for college Theo had his pick of the country’s finest music schools. Donald Byrd, the virtuoso jazz trumpeter, multi-GRAMMY Award-winning composer, recording artist, and pioneer in jazz education, inspired him to choose the Oberlin Conservatory in Oberlin, Ohio. While at Oberlin Theo studied with jazz legends like Gary Bartz, Robin Eubanks, Billy Hart, Wendell Logan, Marcus Belgrave, and Dan Wall. In the spring of 2006, Theo was awarded the prestigious Presser Music Foundation Award. He used the grant money to record his first album, The Fundamentals.
After college, Theo began his postgraduate education hanging out and playing with older musicians like Benny Powell, Jimmy and Tootie Heath, Billy Hart, and Marcus Belgrave. His mentors have repeatedly praised Theo’s talent, drive, and musicianship.
Today, Theo lives and plays in Shanghai, China, where—from September 2007 through January 2008—his Quartet held residency at the “The House of Blues and Jazz.” In March 2008, the Theo Croker Quartet released In The Tradition, on Arbors Records, featuring Albert “Tootie” Heath on drums, Sullivan Fortner on piano, and Joe Sanders on bass.
September 7, 2017 - 8:00 PM
$44 = Premium Reserved Table
$42 = Reserved Table
$30 = General Admission
GROUP DISCOUNT: Save 15% when you purchase 15 or more General Admission tickets! (Not valid on reserved table seating)
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $44.00 $5.25 $49.25 $42.00 $5.00 47.00 $30.00 $3.50 $33.50
- Becoming a subscriber guarantees the same table for every performance in the series.
- Doors open 2 hours prior to each show.
- Tickets are available for pickup only on the night of the show when doors open.
- The venue does not have an on-site box office. Tickets are only sold via Metrotix, or, on the night of the show when the doors open (if tickets remain.)
- Buying a reserved or premium reserved ticket guarantees you that specific seat. Seating at tables and countertops is "family style." If you do not purchase all the seats at your table, you will be seated with other patrons.
- General Admission Ticketholders - You may sit at stools at the bar, perimeter chairs not at tables, or you may stand. You are not guaranteed a seat, as seating is limited and only available first-come-first-seated when the doors open. Once all General Admission chairs are taken, there will only be standing room for all other General Admission ticketholders.
- South on Main does not take reservations for ticketed concerts.
- Food is served before and throughout the concert.
- Shows are all ages. Everyone must have a ticket to attend.
- Free surface lot parking is available.
- Additional Info: http://southonmain.com/pages/faq-ticketing-seating/
METROTIX SALES END: Noon day of show
South on Main
1304 Main Street , Little Rock, Arkansas 72202