STL Sounds at the Fabulous Fox
STL Sounds at the Fabulous Fox
ALLIGATOR WINE formed in 2016 in St. Louis, Missouri after an impromptu performance for Jerry Garcia's Birthday at a local bar. That one-off performance featured members of local bands The Scandaleros and Vitamen A coming together for the big party. Suddenly it clicked.
The show focused on the early bluesier material featuring Pig Pen as a member of the band. Over the course of time, the band continued to add songs from different eras. The live interpretations of the songs with the unique instrumentation of the band was obviously unique and loaded with energy. A few years and some lineup changes later, the band has evolved into a full force Grateful Dead tribute band in a city with more than a couple of heavy weight Dead tribute bands. Focused on high energy live shows with vocal harmonies, the current lineup features members of several top notch local bands who bring their significant skills and knowledge of the music and the catalogue to the stage every night. With the Grateful Dead having a special connection to the Fox Theater in St. Louis, the band has decided to perform one particularly legendary Fox show from December 10, 1971 for this special evening while putting their own unique spin on the music.
This special performance features special guests David Grelle on keys and Nick Elwood on guitar.
Health and Safety Protocols
Your Health and Safety are our top priority!
As we look forward to welcoming our guests, associates and performers back to the Fabulous Fox, we have worked with the city of St. Louis and our local health officials to assure that we are able to do so safely.
The following protocols are currently in place for our limited capacity shows. We expect some of these to change as we move toward an anticipated full capacity in the fall, so please check back before your performance.
Facility Measures & Protocols
- High touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned with disinfectant.
- The theatre will be sprayed with Clorox 360 Disinfectant Cleaner prior to each performance.
- The theatre’s air filtration system has been enhanced and the outside air exchange has been increased.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the facility.
- Guests will be directed to use one-way foot traffic wherever possible.
- Guests will be directed to separate entry and exit areas, dependent on seat locations.
- Seating will only be sold on main floor of the auditorium
- Performers will be no less than 20’ from audience.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at staff/guest interaction points.
- Limited concession stands will be open for the sale of bottled, canned and prepackaged beverages. Poured drinks, food and snacks will not be available.
- Concession stands will accept cashless transactions only.
- Tickets will be sold in “pods” of 2 or 4 seats.
- Tickets are available by phone at 314-534-1111 or online at www.metrotix.com. The box office is currently closed.
- Tickets will be delivered to guests via mobile device or for at home printing.
- Associates will have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Associates will complete a health survey upon arrival.
- Associates will wear masks at all times.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times, except when consuming a beverage while in a guest’s ticketed seat.
- Face covering must fully cover the nose and mouth.
- Bandanas, gaiters, face coverings with valves or vents, and face coverings with only a single layer of fabric are not a permitted face covering.
- Guests will not be allowed to bring bags into the theatre, except medical equipment or diaper bags.
- Guest will be asked to complete a verbal health survey upon entry.
- Social distancing will be observed and enforced in all areas.
Health and Safety Compliance
- Compliance with health and safety rules is mandatory, and attendance is conditioned on such compliance. If a guest violates any health and safety rules, the guest may be denied entry to or ejected from the theatre. Guests who violate the rules or otherwise engage in conduct that causes a risk to health and safety may also be subject to a ban.
Assumption of Risk
- An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit to the Fox Theatre.
- By attending a show at the Fox Theatre, you assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, or a bacteria, virus, or other pathogens capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether occurring before, during, or after the show, however, caused or contracted, and voluntarily waive all claims and potential claims against Fox Associates, L.L.C. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, contractors, vendors, members, performers, officers, employees, agents, insurers, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of the foregoing entities and persons relating to such risks.
All seats are $15 (+ $2.50 service charge), and are sold in socially-distanced pods of 2 or 4 seats.
Parking is available in the Fox Garage for $5 per vehicle.
Tickets delivery options are Mobile or Print-Your-Own. Tickets will not be delivered until 3 days after the general on-sale date.
Everyone must have a ticket, regardless of age.
Prices are subject to change.
METROTIX SALES END: Saturday, April 17 at 12:01am.
Please note: The Fox Theatre Box Office is currently closed. Tickets are only available for purchase online or by phone through MetroTix at 314.534.1111.
The Fox Theatre is pleased to offer seating and other accommodations for our patrons with special needs. All special accommodations can be requested through MetroTix at 314-534-1111 or 800-293-5949, 9am to 9pm. Deaf or hard of hearing guests may also use the Relay Missouri service by calling 800-735-2966 (TTY) or 800-735-2466.
Wheelchair seating and companion seats are available for all performances at the Fox for purchase at the Fox Box Office, by phone and at metrotix.com.
The Fox Theatre offers performances interpreted for the deaf and hard of hearing by Communicate Plus as well as audio-description services for the visually-impaired. For a schedule of these performances, click here.
A limited number of infrared assistive hearing head sets for the hearing impaired are available at no charge for all performances at Guest Services & Gifts in the main lobby.
A number of accessible parking spaces are located on the north side the Fox Theatre, near the accessible entrance, on the south side of Washington, between Grand Blvd. and Spring Ave. Patrons with special needs may also be dropped off at the accessible entrance.
The front entrance and lobby are accessible and the elevator to other floors is located on the north side of the lobby. The accessible entrance is located on the north side of the building.