An Evening with Boyz II Men
An Evening with Boyz II Men
Boyz II Men redefined popular R&B and continues to create timeless hits that appeal to fans across all generations. The band has penned and performed some of the most celebrated classics of the past two decades. The group’s 4 Grammy Awards are just the tip of the iceberg: throughout their 30-year career, Boyz II Men have also won a whopping 9 American Music Awards, 9 Soul Train Awards, 3 Billboard Awards, and a 2011 MOBO Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, as well and a Casino Entertainment Award for their acclaimed residency at the Mirage Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, which has been ongoing since 2013.
The trio holds the distinction of being the best-selling R&B group of all time, with an astounding 64 million albums sold. And the reason is abundantly clear: for the past two decades Boyz II Men have given fans a rich catalog of hits filled with smooth harmonies and enduring themes. And for Boyz II Men, the hits just keep on coming – the group continues to craft new albums and bring their legendary act to stages across the world.
Boyz II Men’s past hits include: “End of the Road,” “I’ll Make Love to You,” “One Sweet Day,” “Motownphilly” and many others. And their recent albums have earned them major critical acclaim as well. Their Decca label debut, Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA (Decca/Universal), on November 13, 2007, earned them two Grammy nominations.
In 2011, Boyz II Men marked their 20th anniversary by releasing a landmark album, fittingly titled Twenty. The album contains the group’s first original material in nearly a decade as well as a dozen remastered classic, career-defining hits. Twenty debuted at #20 on the Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart, #4 on the Billboard R&B album chart, #10 on the Billboard Digital Album Chart, and placed #1 on the iTunes R&B Soul Album chart. Twenty’s first single, “More Than You’ll Ever Know” cracked into the top 15 on Urban AC charts.
Boyz II Men have won fans the world over with their soulful multi-octave sound and incredible vocals. Given the monumental success of their albums and the timeless quality of their vocals, it’s easy to see why Boyz II Men remains the most popular R&B group of all time. Ask any successful pop or R&B superstar which artists have inspired them – chances are Boyz II Men will be at the top. From Justin Timberlake and Usher to Justin Bieber and Beyonce, the most successful stars in the industry look to Boyz II Men as their idols.
Beyond making music, giving back is also important to Boyz II Men – the group has its own charity called Boyz II Men House which lends support to individuals and organizations that focus on improving the quality of life and helping to unlock human potential, while contributing to the health and vitality of those less fortunate.
Fans were wowed in the summer of 2014 when Boyz II Men headed out on the hotly-anticipated Package Tour with New Kids on the Block and 98 Degrees.
The group released a new album featuring original material through label BMG in October 2014 called Collide. Collide is a landmark album for Boyz II Men, showcasing a new and different sound for one of the most successful and enduring groups in mainstream music. Two of the tracks, “Better Half,” and “Diamond Eyes” were featured on a special episode of ABC’s hit show, “The Bachelorette.” The group also performed on FOX’s hit live show, "Grease Live," which aired on January 31, 2016, and their performance became the most-tweeted moment.
In 2016, Wanya Morris became a double threat stepping on the dance floor on ABC’s hit show “Dancing with the Stars,” where he and partner Lindsay Arnold, made it to the semifinals – ending on a high note with three tens. In the summer of 2017, the group once again joined New Kids on the Block on the road for The Total Package tour featuring Paula Abdul. In the fall of 2017, the group released a Doo-Wop album, Under The Streetlight. In 2019 the group released "If You Leave Me Now," a hit song with singer/songwriter Charlie Puth. They also opened up for Bruno Mars on his 24K Magic Tour in select cities in the U.S.
Boyz II Men were featured in a film starring Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen called “Long Shot” that received rave reviews.
In Summer of 2019, they were nominated for a CMT Music Award for their "Crossroads" performance of “Motownphilly” with country singer Brett Young and continued collaborations by joining forces with Steep Canyon Rangers on a bluegrass song, “Be Still Moses.” In October 2019, the trio made a cameo in ABC’s show, "Schooled" where they performed “Motown Philly,” a spoof of their hit song – taking it back to the ‘90’s with a twist. In February of 2020, the group launched a wine called Chateau Harmony. Most recently, they made an appearance on the NBC hit show, "Songland." Their song “Love Struck” premiered at #2 on iTunes as well as ABC’s hit show "Blackish."
In 2021 Boyz II Men were in ABC's “A Very Boy Band Holiday,” "Live in Front of A Studio Audience: Different Strokes," CMT's "A Crossroads Christmas with Brett Young," as well as "The AFTR PRTY" featuring Shawn and Wanya.
2022 Boyz II Men took over Twitter with Peacock for the Super Bowl LVI.
VIP: ticket includes entry to the concert, assigned seating in the VIP area, reserved parking, and access to the VIP tent on the side of the stage with private concession booth.
Reserved: ticket includes entry to the concert, assigned seating in the first 15 rows (does NOT include reserved parking).
General Admission: ticket provides entry to the concert and seating on the general admission lawn area.
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
|$120.00 - VIP||$20.75||$140.75|
|$69.50 - Reserved||$12.25||$81.75|
|$42.50 - GA Lawn||$7.75||$50.25|
- Children under 5 are free in the GA section only. Everyone must have a ticket in the reserved seating area.
- Concessions (beer, soft drinks, food) are an additional cost and not included in any show ticket.
- Tickets may be purchased at the venue box office on the day of show only beginning one hour before gates open. The box office is located on the South entrance of the amphitheater.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- No outside food or drink. No backpacks or coolers. No dogs.
- Accessible seating is available in both the reserved and general admission levels. Those who need special assistance or have questions should contact Dan Herckert at 618.447.2939.
- There are parking lots within walking distance to the Liberty Bank Amphitheater at Riverfront Park in Alton. The two main lots are Henry Street entrance (corner of Henry & Landmarks), and another by Argosy Casino Alton. Vehicles with accessible parking tags will have access to a reserved lot on the south side of the amphitheater. Parking is also available at the city-owned lot across the street from ConAgra on William Street. Street parking is available on Broadway, 3rd and 4th streets. A Pedestrian Bridge is located at Broadway in downtown Alton to the North of the amphitheater. Patrons will have direct access to the Pedestrian Bridge to get to Liberty Bank Alton Amphitheater.
- Tickets are currently only available through MetroTix, either by phone or at metrotix.com. There are no walk-up locations available at this time.
METROTIX SALES END: 7:15pm day of show.