Alarm Will Sound & Anaïs Maviel
Alarm Will Sound & Anaïs Maviel
DateJune 9, 2023
Event Starts8:00 PM
On SaleBuy Tickets Now
This event is in The Sheldon Ballroom
Alarm Will Sound is “one of the most vital and original ensembles on the American music scene” (The New York Times) and St. Louis "hometown heroes" (The Riverfront Times). With classical skill and unlimited curiosity, the 20-member ensemble has been associated since inception with composers at the forefront of contemporary music, establishing a reputation for performing innovative music ranging from the arch-modernist to the pop-influenced with energetic virtuosity.
They are joined by Anaïs Maviel, New York-based vocalist dedicated to expanding the power of music as a healing and transformative act. Together, Alarm Will Sound and Maviel will present Métadire, a metaphysical inquiry. The piece explores, in the composer's words, "the potentiality of the edges of reality to become perceptible."
In addition to Maviel, the piece will feature improvisational solos by members of the ensemble, including Erin Lesser, flute; Nate Wooley, trumpet; John Orfe, piano; and Matt Smallcomb, drums.
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||FACILITY FEE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
METROTIX SALES END: 7:00pm day of event
ACCESSIBILITY: The Sheldon Ballroom is accessible via elevator. Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot: 314-533-9900.
Beginning April 22, 2022, The Sheldon will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to enter. Masks are also no longer required for entry. For the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff and artists, The Sheldon recommends masking at all times, unless eating or drinking, especially for those who are unvaccinated.
- Mask and vaccination policies are subject to change at the request of the performer or event organizer. Please check the website for information about individual events.
- Ticket holders will be contacted directly if the policy for their event differs from general Sheldon policies.
- Please note that these policies are also subject to change in accordance with any local mandates. The Sheldon will continue to follow the guidance and mandates set forth by public health and our local government, and will be reevaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
- All public facing staff, including ushers, bartenders, security personnel and box office staff will remain masked.
- The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safetyrelated concerns
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.