EDDIE WAKES: BOUNDLESS (CANCELLED)
EDDIE WAKES: BOUNDLESS (CANCELLED)
DateMay 19, 2022
Event Starts8:00 PM
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Full refunds will automatically be issued to the credit card used in the order.
From Walt Disney to the Oscar Award-winning film "La La Land", Eddie Wakes has enjoyed an impressive trek throughout the Entertainment world! Though drawing the adulation and affirmation of A-listers and icons early on, Eddie paid his dues on the streets and through gig circuits around the world. Morgan Freeman was an early fan. The “Voice of God” waxed poetic about Eddie’s performance saying, “Eddie is a new evocative voice.”
There were three tributaries which converged into a big river in the Midwest where Eddie Wakes was born. Like the great Mississippi, inherent streams of Big Band Jazz, 'Shout' (Joe Turner), Country, Folk and Rock merged with his parents’ deep Southern traditions of Gospel, Blues and Soul music from the post 2nd World War era. Eddie was baptized in these churning waters where Music education was ambitious in the American heartland! The hallways of learning were always filled with the sounds of solo and choral arrangements of great composers of every era & genre. Then, on Sundays, there was Gospel music at Church! Eddie was often moved by his Father’s singing and developed tight harmonies with his eight brothers. He consumed Gospel music and studyied the best artists of all genres—tracing their influence on both popular music and culture. But, it was while listening to Nat Cole and Frank Sinatra that a soul tie was formed between Eddie and The Great American Songbook!
|Thu. May 19, 2022 / 8:00 PM|
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||FACILITY FEE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
The $1 Historic Preservation Fee (facility fee) applies at all points of purchase.
METROTIX OFF SALE: 7:00pm day of event
The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible.
Accessibility: This event has general admission seating. The Sheldon balcony is not accessible. Please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance. Contact The Sheldon to reserve an accessible parking space on The Sheldon's west parking lot.
Beginning April 22, 2022, The Sheldon will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to enter. Masks are also no longer required for entry. For the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff and artists, The Sheldon recommends masking at all times, unless eating or drinking, especially for those who are unvaccinated.
- Mask and vaccination policies are subject to change at the request of the performer or event organizer. Please check the website for information about individual events.
- Ticket holders will be contacted directly if the policy for their event differs from general Sheldon policies.
- Please note that these policies are also subject to change in accordance with any local mandates. The Sheldon will continue to follow the guidance and mandates set forth by public health and our local government, and will be reevaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
- All public facing staff, including ushers, bartenders, security personnel and box office staff will remain masked.
- The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safetyrelated concerns
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.