PNC PICNICS ON THE PLAZA
PNC PICNICS ON THE PLAZA
Join us for these casual, outdoor concerts on The Sheldon’s elegant Steward Family Plaza! Enjoy live music by some of St. Louis’ best musicians, while enjoying a boxed picnic dinner and drinks at socially-distanced tables of 2-4 people.
Tables will be sold for up to 2 or 4 guests from the same family or quarantine group and capacity is limited. An optional picnic dinner and bottles of wine may be purchased along with your concert ticket. Picnics must be ordered by noon on Wednesday, May 19. Place picnic orders here.
Drinks may also be purchased on-site. No outside food or beverages, please. Advance registration is required. No tables will be sold on the night of the event. Guests ages 9 and above are required wearing face masks at all times except when seated at their reserved tables.
Jazz and blues vocalist Erika Johnson has been a fixture on the St. Louis music scene for two decades. The East St. Louis-native studied under Ron Carter, and went on to perform for years with late jazz legend Willie Akins. After taking some time off from performing to teach and mentor aspiring young singers, she has re-emerged with recent performances at Blue Strawberry and on Jazz St. Louis' Season of Stream, bringing her mix of classic standards and surprising contemporary tunes to the stage.
Picnics on the Plaza are sponsored by PNC.
Rain date: May 23
|TABLE PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TABLE|
|$20.00 - Up to 2 People||$4.00||$24.00|
|$40.00 - Up to 4 People||$8.00||$48.00|
Tables will be assigned upon arrival.
Visitor Arrival and Experience
- The events will take place outdoors on The Sheldon’s Steward Family Plaza. Capacity for the events will be capped at 18 seated tables at 6′ apart, for 2-4 guests each, for a total of 48 people.
- Guests ages 9 and above are required wearing face masks at all times except when seated at their reserved tables. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one. Face shields will also be available for those who are unable to wear masks.
- Guests will be allowed to remove or lower their masks/face coverings when drinking or eating at their tables.
- Tables will be assigned. Groupings must be from the same household or quarantine group.
- Tables will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, and musicians will be distanced at least 12 feet from the nearest table.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- Guests will check in with Sheldon staff at an outdoor table, fitted with a plexiglass barrier. Guests who ordered dinners will pick up their meals at the registration table upon check in. All food will be pre-paid, boxed meals provided by a licensed caterer and distributed upon check in by Sheldon staff wearing clean gloves and masks, and in a “no-contact” transfer, ie. placing items down on a table for guest to pick up.
- A bar will be situated just inside The Sheldon’s Emerson Entrance. A plexiglass barrier will separate guests from staff, and all bar sales will be limited to credit card payments only. No cash or check payments will be accepted.
- For restroom access, guests will be directed to dedicated entrance and exit routes at the street level entrance of The Sheldon’s Emerson Galleries building.
- Elevator capacity is 3 persons for our large freight elevator and 2 for our regular sized elevator. Capacity signs are listed both inside and outside of each. Guests will also be encouraged to bypass the elevators and take stairs if they are able.
- Guests will affirm basic wellness on the day of their visit, including confirmation that:
- They have not come into contact with, been exposed to, or been quarantined with anyone or is suspected of being exposed to COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
- They are not experiencing symptoms of cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste of smell.
- Visitors who express to us that they do not feel well on the day of their visit will be isolated in a dressing room and have their temperature taken. If they register 100.4 degrees or higher during the temperature check, will be asked to leave and consult with their physician on next steps.
- All interior doors will be propped open, including restrooms where able.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with signage throughout The Sheldon and plaza. Floor markings will be used at high traffic areas such as restrooms and bar.
- All food will be pre-paid, boxed meals provided by a licensed caterer and distributed upon check in by Sheldon staff wearing clean gloves and masks, and in a “no-contact” transfer, ie. placing items down on a table for guest to pick up.
- All service ware for food or beverage will be disposable/one-time use.
- Plexiglass will be mounted at each bar between guests and bar/serving staff.
- All beverage items will be served in individual portions by a Sheldon employee. All garnishes and stirring straws will be discontinued.
- No plate, vessel or glass will be reused or refilled.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures will be in place throughout the evening in public areas, including frequent sanitation of credit card terminals, hard surfaces such as table tops and counters, light switches, elevator buttons, bathroom faucets, sinks, toilets, door handles and push/pull bars, etc.
- Hand sanitizing stations with at least 70% alcohol formulas will be located throughout The Sheldon, including at arrival sign-in, at the bar and in staff work areas.
- Increased cleaning during all events using CDC approved cleansers.
- Water fountains will be closed and public spaces not in use will be cordoned off from public access.
- Staff will be trained in safety and sanitation procedures.
Ticket sales will end at 6pm on the night of the event.
Food sales will end at Noon on the Wednesday prior to the event. Bottle wine advance sales will end at 6pm on the night of the event.
Ticket delivery will be via email. Guests can print their tickets at home or download the mobile ticket.
Rain date: May 23
COVID-19 Vaccination / Negative Test Requirement
In order to ensure the safety and health of audience members, artists, crew, staff and volunteers, The Sheldon will require proof of full vaccination** OR a negative COVID test no more than 48 hours old, to attend ticketed concerts and events. The Sheldon is pleased to join our music and arts colleagues in Grand Center, and throughout the city and county, in taking this important step in bringing live events back to St. Louis this fall.
Sheldon audiences are consistently praised by our artists as the best in the country, and we thank everyone for willingly doing their part to help us safely bring concerts back to The Sheldon!
Sheldon Vaccination Policy:
• Beginning September 2, 2021, anyone aged 12 or older, attending a ticketed event at The Sheldon, will be asked to show proof of full vaccination** OR a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 48 hours before time of entry into the event. Patrons should be prepared to show their vaccination card, or proof of negative COVD test, or a photo of their vaccination card or test results on their mobile devices, before entering The Sheldon.
• All concert staff, ushers, bartenders, crew and artists will be required to show proof of vaccination, or provide a recent negative COVID test, as well.
• Masks are also required at all times when inside The Sheldon unless actively eating or drinking.
• Ticket buyers have until October 1, 2021 to request a refund for their previously purchased tickets, or by 11:59 p.m. the night before the event, whichever comes first. The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safety-related concerns. Refunds should be requested at the original point of purchase.
• The vaccination policy does not apply to the Sheldon Art Galleries (including “Golf the Galleries”), Sheldon Educational Programs or private events.
• This policy will be re-evaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
** Must have received two doses of either the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines or a single dose of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine more than 14 days before the concert.
Ticket-holders still in need of vaccination can visit https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/covid-19/vaccine/ for information and to book their appointment today.
Please contact The Sheldon 314.533.9900 or e-mail [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.