Fabian Almazan Trio
The Cuban-born, Miami-raised, New York-based composer’s daredevil piano technique has supported established bandleaders like Terence Blanchard, Mark Guiliana, Linda May Han Oh, Ambrose Akinmusire, and Dave Douglas. Like roots seeking water, the music of Fabian Almazan ventures beyond the jazz club and the concert hall and into the streets, forests, and subterranean worlds.
Almazan’s focus on social and environmental justice is evident with his latest release, the breathtaking nine-movement suite Alcanza. Alcanza translates as “Reach,” and its Spanish-language lyrics are a call to do just that. While they reflect on moments of self-discovery and personal change in relation to the natural world, they also raise more basic issues of identity. “I hope that young Latino and Hispanic boys and girls view this album as an inspiration to aspire towards everything in life they want to,” Almazan says, in a recent interview with Latin Jazz Corner. “They should not have to think of themselves as anything other than equal to every single other human being in the world.”
$44 = Premium Reserved Table
$42 = Reserved Table
$30 = General Admission
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $44.00 $6.50 $50.50 $42.00 $6.25 $48.25 $30.00 $4.50 $34.50
- Becoming a subscriber guarantees the same table for every performance in the series.
- Doors open 2 hours prior to each show.
- Tickets are available for pickup only on the night of the show when doors open.
- The venue does not have an on-site box office. Tickets are only sold via Metrotix, or, on the night of the show when the doors open (if tickets remain.)
- Buying a reserved or premium reserved ticket guarantees you that specific seat. Seating at tables and countertops is "family style." If you do not purchase all the seats at your table, you will be seated with other patrons.
- General Admission Ticketholders - You may sit at stools at the bar, perimeter chairs not at tables, or you may stand. You are not guaranteed a seat, as seating is limited and only available first-come-first-seated when the doors open. Once all General Admission chairs are taken, there will only be standing room for all other General Admission ticketholders.
- South on Main does not take reservations for ticketed concerts.
- Food is served before and throughout the concert.
- Shows are all ages. Everyone must have a ticket to attend.
- Free surface lot parking is available.
- Additional Info: http://southonmain.com/pages/faq-ticketing-seating/
METROTIX SALES END: Noon day of show
South on Main
1304 Main Street , Little Rock, Arkansas 72202