Tesseract Theatre is very excited to announce its first Festival of New Plays!
From May 15 thru May 26 three new plays will be performed in a repertory festival lineup! See all three plays in three days, over one weekend, or over the span of two weeks. It's up to you!
The festival line up will include:
Show #1: Earworm by Shaulee Cook
Earworm tells the story of Candles Out, a decade-old punk rock break up song seeking closure with five people whose lives she’s entwined with in very different ways – Sasha and Jory, the two band members that wrote her; Trevor, the guy they wrote her about; Elise, Trevor’s sister; and Kess, Trevor’s new girlfriend … who also happens to be the song’s biggest fan. A strange trip involving music and memory and how each affects the other.
Show #2: Dates by Elizabeth Breed Penny
Dates is a play about Caroline, a recently "unmarried" woman who has been finding it hard to live in the outside world: literally. Unable to leave her house, she attempts to reconnect with her friends, her therapist, and potential romantic interests through online dating, emails, and text messages. The reality is, her self-imposed isolation is merely a ploy to prevent herself from coming to terms with the abusive relationship she has just come out of.
Show #3: Hoist by Erin Lane
Sometimes you don't get to be the hero of the story... even when you sign up for it.
In 2008, the war rages on in a basement bar in Chicago. Skyler, the bartender and an Afghanistan veteran, has left everything she knows behind in an attempt to survive. She struggles to gain control over her present life, but, day in and day out, discovers it lifeless at the bottom of a rocks glass. As she battles with violent demons, she finds there is no escape when someone from her past walks into the bar.
May 22, 2019 - 7:00 PM
DatesMay 23, 2019 - 7:00 PM
EarwormMay 24, 2019 - 8:00 PM
HoistMay 25, 2019 - 2:00 PM
HoistMay 25, 2019 - 8:00 PM
EarwormMay 26, 2019 - 2:00 PM
EarwormMay 26, 2019 - 7:00 PM
Listed pricing is per seat, per performance.
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $20.00 - Adult GA $3.00 + $1 facility fee $24.00 $15.00 - Student/Senior GA $3.00+ $1 facility fee $19.00
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 3 hours prior to show
Fox Box Office: 1 hour prior to show
The .ZACK box office opens 1 hour prior to show.
3224 Locust Street , St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The .ZACK is the Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s new four-story, 40,000-square foot property, developed in the historic Cadillac building at 3224 Locust St. housing:
- The .ZACK Theatre, a 202-seat proscenium-style theatre to be shared by .ZACK’s resident arts organizations as part of the .ZACK Performing Arts Incubator Program which also includes co-op office space, a community scene shop with separate build and paint rooms, and prop/set storage all located in the .ZACK building.
- A full-service catering company and restaurant, Turn by David Kirkland, owned/operated by award-winning local chef David Kirkland (formerly of Café Osage).
- The Urban Ballroom, a fourth-floor, private event space with full-service catering options by David Kirkland Catering. The Urban Ballroom features panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, a customizable layout, and in-house spa, perfect for any event up to 300 people.
- Second floor retail space, the future home of Sophie’s Lounge and Music Record Shop.
- Third floor commercial office space available for rent to a wide range of tenants
.ZACK brings synergy, access, and essential infrastructure for the performing arts community in St. Louis, and will be a venue in which patrons can have a dynamic, 360-degree experience. From theater fans to food and beverage lovers, and those looking to host special events, .ZACK will provide a world class experience for audiences from across the region.
The .ZACK is wheelchair accessible.