HUDSON & THE HOO DOO CATS
PICNICS ON THE PLAZA
HUDSON & THE HOO DOO CATS
PICNICS ON THE PLAZA
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. Ticketholders may still add on food and wine orders up to the off-sale times (see below).
Join us for these casual, outdoor concerts on The Sheldon’s elegant Steward Family Plaza! Enjoy live music by some of St. Louis’ best musicians, while enjoying a boxed picnic dinner and drinks at socially-distanced tables of 2-4 people. Tables will be sold for up to 2 or 4 guests from the same family or quarantine group and capacity is limited to 28 guests per concert.
An optional picnic dinner can be purchased along with your concert ticket. Meals must be ordered by noon on Wednesday, September 23! Drinks may be purchased on site. No outside food or beverages, please.
Advance registration is required. No tables will be sold on the night of the event. Masks are required for all guests ages 9 and above, when not eating or drinking at your table. Tables will be assigned upon arrival.
Rain date: September 27
Sponsored by Dick and Patti Marriott
Blending the influences of Texas rockin’ blues, country, rockabilly and swing, Hudson and the Hoo Doo Cats have been a mainstay on the St. Louis music scene since Hudson moved to the city from Austin, Texas in 1994.
|TABLE PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TABLE|
|$20.00 - Up to 2 People||$4.00||$24.00|
|$40.00 - Up to 4 People||$8.00||$48.00|
Tables will be assigned upon arrival.
Visitor Arrival and Experience
- The events will take place outdoors on The Sheldon’s Steward Family Plaza. Capacity for the events will be capped at eleven (11) 30" seated round tables at 6' apart, for 2-4 guests each, for a total of 28 people.
- All staff and visitors age 9 and older will be required to wear masks; masks for visitors between the ages of 2 and 8 will be encouraged. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one. Face shields will also be available for those who are unable to wear masks.
- Guests will be allowed to remove or lower their masks/face coverings only when drinking or eating at their tables.
- Tables will be assigned. Groupings must be from the same household or quarantine group.
- Tables will be spaced at least 6 feet apart, and musicians will be distanced at least 12 feet from the nearest table.
- Advanced reservations are required.
- Guests will check in with Sheldon staff at an outdoor table, fitted with a plexiglass barrier. Guests who ordered dinners will pick up their meals at the registration table upon check in. All food will be pre-paid, boxed meals provided by a licensed caterer and distributed upon check in by Sheldon staff wearing clean gloves and masks, and in a “no-contact” transfer, ie. placing items down on a table for guest to pick up.
- A bar will be situated just inside The Sheldon’s Emerson Entrance. A plexiglass barrier will separate guests from staff, and all bar sales will be limited to credit card payments only. No cash or check payments will be accepted.
- For restroom access, guests will be directed to dedicated entrance and exit routes at the street level entrance of The Sheldon’s Emerson Galleries building.
- Elevator capacity is 3 persons for our large freight elevator and 2 for our regular sized elevator. Capacity signs are listed both inside and outside of each. Guests will also be encouraged to bypass the elevators and take stairs if they are able.
- Guests will affirm basic wellness on the day of their visit, including confirmation that:
- They have not come into contact with, been exposed to, or been quarantined with anyone or is suspected of being exposed to COVID-19 in the past two weeks
- They are not experiencing symptoms of cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste of smell.
- Visitors who express to us that they do not feel well on the day of their visit will be isolated in a dressing room and have their temperature taken. If they register 100.4 degrees or higher during the temperature check, will be asked to leave and consult with their physician on next steps.
- All interior doors will be propped open, including restrooms where able.
- Social distancing will be encouraged with signage throughout The Sheldon and plaza. Floor markings will be used at high traffic areas such as restrooms and bar.
- All food will be pre-paid, boxed meals provided by a licensed caterer and distributed upon check in by Sheldon staff wearing clean gloves and masks, and in a “no-contact” transfer, ie. placing items down on a table for guest to pick up.
- All service ware for food or beverage will be disposable/one-time use.
- Plexiglass will be mounted at each bar between guests and bar/serving staff.
- All beverage items will be served in individual portions by a Sheldon employee. All garnishes and stirring straws will be discontinued.
- No plate, vessel or glass will be reused or refilled.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures will be in place throughout the evening in public areas, including frequent sanitation of credit card terminals, hard surfaces such as table tops and counters, light switches, elevator buttons, bathroom faucets, sinks, toilets, door handles and push/pull bars, etc.
- Hand sanitizing stations with at least 70% alcohol formulas will be located throughout The Sheldon, including at arrival sign-in, at the bar and in staff work areas.
- Increased cleaning during all events using CDC approved cleansers
- Water fountains will be closed and public spaces not in use will be cordoned off from public access.
- Staff will be trained in safety and sanitation procedures.
Ticket sales will end at 6pm on the night of the event.
Food sales will end at Noon on the Wednesday prior to the event. Bottle wine advance sales will end at 6pm on the night of the event.
Ticket delivery will be via email. Guests can print their tickets at home or download the mobile ticket.
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.