I LOVE THE 80s CONCERT
I LOVE THE 80s CONCERT
Brian Owens and the 80’s All Star Band will headline Maryville University’s Kids Rock Cancer annual benefit concert, taking place May 5th at The Sheldon. The I Love the 80’s benefit concert will be Kids Rock Cancer’s largest fundraising event of the year with renditions of songs from your favorite artists such as: Prince, Phil Collins, Whitney Houston and more!
Since its inception in 2009, Kids Rock Cancer has served more than 1,900 children impacted by cancer and other blood disorders, whether through their own diagnosis or that of a close family member. To date, nearly 900 original songs have been created and produced in cancer treatment and support centers throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area.
During each Kids Rock Cancer session, children work with a board-certified music therapist to compose an original song. In addition to writing the lyrics, they choose the music and perform the song while it is recorded to a guitar shaped flash drive. Suddenly these children find their voices, express emotions and most of all experience the healing power of music. This service is available at no cost to participants and their families thanks to private donations that make the program possible.
You can listen to the amazing songs that have come out of the program in our audio gallery at:
For more information on Kids Rock Cancer visit www.kidsrockcancer.org .
|Thu. May 5, 2022 / 7:15 PM|
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||FACILITY FEE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
|VIP Orchestra Reserved||$100.00||$10.00||$1.00||$111.00|
|Front Orchestra Reserved||$50.00||$6.75||$1.00||$57.75|
VIP seating includes: Premium seating, Pre-Concert Reception (appetizers, drinks), Kids Rock Cancer Swag, and Music Downloads.
METROTIX OFF SALE: 1 hour prior to concert
The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible.
Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating at The Sheldon are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900. Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot.
Beginning April 22, 2022, The Sheldon will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to enter. Masks are also no longer required for entry. For the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff and artists, The Sheldon recommends masking at all times, unless eating or drinking, especially for those who are unvaccinated.
- Mask and vaccination policies are subject to change at the request of the performer or event organizer. Please check the website for information about individual events.
- Ticket holders will be contacted directly if the policy for their event differs from general Sheldon policies.
- Please note that these policies are also subject to change in accordance with any local mandates. The Sheldon will continue to follow the guidance and mandates set forth by public health and our local government, and will be reevaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
- All public facing staff, including ushers, bartenders, security personnel and box office staff will remain masked.
- The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safetyrelated concerns
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.