MARVIN F. COCKRELL & FOCUS
MARVIN F. COCKRELL & FOCUS
DateAugust 12, 2023
Event Starts7:00 PM
On SaleBuy Tickets Now
Tickets$76 VIP, $51 GA
Jazz legend Marvin F. Cockrell returns to the stage with Focus to perform the 17th Annual Smooth Jazz concert. A portion of the proceeds will go directly to the Music Focus LLC scholarship fund to award local instrumental and vocal music students.
Marvin is a musical architect, composer, and gifted keyboard artist who has reached the pinnacle of the smooth jazz genre. His music is hot, powerful, full of energy, yet smooth, and truly epitomizes what original smooth jazz should be. Marvin has showcased his compositional prowess on each of his four CDs: Stepping Stones, HEAT, I’m Cool, Red Hot Smooth Jazz and on two hit video music productions: “St. Louis Bounce” and “Our World”. True to his beliefs that music is a universal language that transcends all cultural and lingual barriers connecting generations and touching the hearts and emotions of people worldwide, Marvin began performing abroad. Recently Marvin played in Rome, Italy, where he met and performed with Giulia Lorezoni, a multifaceted artist, jazz singer/songwriter who is active in the European jazz scene. The two found a jazz connection and developed a universal friendship. Giulia Lorezoni 4tet (Vocals - Giulia Lorenzoni Piano -Tobias Nicoletti; Double Bass - Giuseppe Civiletti; and Drums - Gianluca Costa) will be featured live on stage at this year’s smooth jazz concert.
|TICKET PRICE + $1 PRESERVATION FEE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
|VIP Reserved: $76.00||$7.50||$81.50|
|General Admission: $51.00||$6.75||$57.75|
VIP tickets (reserved seating) include pre-show reception: artist meet and greet, hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and gift bag.
METROTIX OFF SALE: 1 hour prior to concert
Accessibility: This event has general admission seating. The Sheldon balcony is not accessible. Please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance. Contact The Sheldon to reserve an accessible parking space on The Sheldon's west parking lot.
Beginning April 22, 2022, The Sheldon will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to enter. Masks are also no longer required for entry. For the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff and artists, The Sheldon recommends masking at all times, unless eating or drinking, especially for those who are unvaccinated.
- Mask and vaccination policies are subject to change at the request of the performer or event organizer. Please check the website for information about individual events.
- Ticket holders will be contacted directly if the policy for their event differs from general Sheldon policies.
- Please note that these policies are also subject to change in accordance with any local mandates. The Sheldon will continue to follow the guidance and mandates set forth by public health and our local government, and will be reevaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
- All public facing staff, including ushers, bartenders, security personnel and box office staff will remain masked.
- The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safetyrelated concerns
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.