Mary Gauthier (CANCELLED)
Mary Gauthier (CANCELLED)
DateMarch 26, 2020
Event Starts8:00 PM
VenueSouth on Main
Tickets$40, $38, $30
We regret to inform you that the Mary Gauthier show scheduled for March 26, 2020 at South on Main has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 situation.
In light of this change of plans, we are offering you two options - we can issue you a full refund for your tickets or you can donate the amount to Oxford American.
Coronavirus has had an impact on the OA, as it has for so many of our peers. Live events are not just a way we enrich, inspire, and entertain our community - they are also a key part of our revenue as a nonprofit. Please consider donating your tickets today.
Contact MetroTix at [email protected] to let them know what you would like to do.
Thank you for rocking and rolling through this with us. We look forward to a time when we can enjoy live music together again.
The OA Team
The Oxford American magazine is excited to welcome Mary Gauthier to the South on Main stage! This is the fourth and final show of their Americana Sub-Series. The series is made possible in part by presenting sponsor Stella Boyle Smith Trust, as well as their season sponsor University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
"…[Mary Gauthier’s] Rifles and Rosary Beads, is not only one of the most arresting American singer-songwriter records in recent years, but one of the most vital pieces of art to come out of those two wars.”
—Rolling Stone Country
On Mary Gauthier's tenth album, Rifles and Rosary Beads, all eleven songs are co-written with and for wounded veterans as part of Darden Smith's five-year-old Songwriting with Soldiers program.
This work has become a calling. “My job as a songwriter is to find that thing a soul needs to say,” Mary says. “Each retreat brings together a dozen or so soldiers and four songwriters, three songs each in two days. We don't have a choice. We have to stay focused, listen carefully, and make sure every veteran gets their own song. And we always do.”
Each song on Rifles and Rosary Beads is a gut punch: deceptively simple and emotionally complex, and each song tells the story of a deeply wounded veteran.
None of the soldiers who have participated in the program have taken their own lives, a significant statistic. Something about writing that song—telling that story—is healing. What Smith calls post-traumatic-growth.
“Because the results are so dramatic, this could work for other traumas,” Mary says. “Trauma is the epidemic. You say opioid, I say trauma epidemic. As an addict, I know addiction is self- medication because of suffering, and beneath that pain is always trauma. We've found something powerful here, that brings hope to people who are hurting. So they know they are not alone.”
$40 = Premium Reserved Table
$38 = Reserved Table
$30 = General Admission
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
- Becoming a subscriber guarantees the same table for every performance in the series.
- Doors open 2 hours prior to each show.
- Tickets are available for pickup only on the night of the show when doors open.
- The venue does not have an on-site box office. Tickets are only sold via Metrotix, or, on the night of the show when the doors open (if tickets remain.)
- Buying a reserved or premium reserved ticket guarantees you that specific seat. Seating at tables and countertops is "family style." If you do not purchase all the seats at your table, you will be seated with other patrons.
- General Admission Ticketholders - You may sit at stools at the bar, perimeter chairs not at tables, or you may stand. You are not guaranteed a seat, as seating is limited and only available first-come-first-seated when the doors open. Once all General Admission chairs are taken, there will only be standing room for all other General Admission ticketholders.
- South on Main does not take reservations for ticketed concerts.
- Food is served before and throughout the concert.
- Shows are all ages. Everyone must have a ticket to attend.
- Free surface lot parking is available.
- Additional Info: http://southonmain.com/pages/faq-ticketing-seating/
METROTIX SALES END: Noon day of show