PEACE IN THE PRAIRIE
Saint Louis Story Stitchers Artists Collective presents the premiere of Peace in the Prairie, an original performance exploring the concepts of peace and violence, juxtaposing urban life as experienced by African American people living in the city of St. Louis, Missouri and the state's unique endangered prairie lands. Is the path towards peace through Missouri's native prairies?
Thursday, March 21, 2019
PUBLIC PERFORMANCE / Q & A
3224 Locust, St. Louis 63103
Tickets: $15 on MetroTix or at the door.
Parental Warning: This program contains references to violence.
Leading Project Artists: Troy Anthony, Susan Colangelo, KP Dennis, Bobby Norfolk, Ntegrity, and Superhood.
Financial assistance for this project has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a State Agency.
The project is supported by a grant from the Missouri Foundation for Health. The Foundation is a resource for the region, working with communities and nonprofits to generate and accelerate positive changes in health. As a catalyst for change, the Foundation improves the health of Missourians through a combination of partnership, experience, knowledge, and funding.
The project is also sponsored in part by Kranzberg Arts Foundation and the .ZACK.
March 21, 2019 - 7:00 PM
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $15.00 - General Admission, Advance $3.00 $18.00 $15.00 - At Door $1.00 facility fee $16.00
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 3 hours prior to show
Fox Box Office: 1 hour prior to show
The .ZACK box office opens 1 hour prior to show.
3224 Locust Street , St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The .ZACK is the Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s new four-story, 40,000-square foot property, developed in the historic Cadillac building at 3224 Locust St. housing:
- The .ZACK Theatre, a 202-seat proscenium-style theatre to be shared by .ZACK’s resident arts organizations as part of the .ZACK Performing Arts Incubator Program which also includes co-op office space, a community scene shop with separate build and paint rooms, and prop/set storage all located in the .ZACK building.
- A full-service catering company and restaurant, Turn by David Kirkland, owned/operated by award-winning local chef David Kirkland (formerly of Café Osage).
- The Urban Ballroom, a fourth-floor, private event space with full-service catering options by David Kirkland Catering. The Urban Ballroom features panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, a customizable layout, and in-house spa, perfect for any event up to 300 people.
- Second floor retail space, the future home of Sophie’s Lounge and Music Record Shop.
- Third floor commercial office space available for rent to a wide range of tenants
.ZACK brings synergy, access, and essential infrastructure for the performing arts community in St. Louis, and will be a venue in which patrons can have a dynamic, 360-degree experience. From theater fans to food and beverage lovers, and those looking to host special events, .ZACK will provide a world class experience for audiences from across the region.
The .ZACK is wheelchair accessible.