REIGNING MEN: FASHION IN MENSWEAR, 1715 - 2015
Featuring more than 150 looks, “Reigning Men” traces cultural influences over the centuries, examines how elements of the uniform have profoundly shaped fashionable dress, and reveals how cinching and padding the body was—and is—not exclusive to women.
“Reigning Men” is drawn primarily from the renowned collection of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, which organized the exhibition. When it premiered last year, The Los Angeles Times praised the exhibition as a “deep dive into the forces that have literally and figuratively shaped men’s fashion in a different—and delightful—way.”
Johnson Hartig, American, born 1962; for Libertine, “Ensemble”, Fall/Winter 2009-10; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, gift of Johnson Hartig. Photo © Museum Associates/LACMA
August 22, 2017 - TBAAugust 23, 2017 - TBAAugust 24, 2017 - TBAAugust 25, 2017 - TBAAugust 26, 2017 - TBAAugust 27, 2017 - TBAAugust 29, 2017 - TBAAugust 30, 2017 - TBAAugust 31, 2017 - TBASeptember 1, 2017 - TBASeptember 2, 2017 - TBASeptember 3, 2017 - TBASeptember 4, 2017 - TBASeptember 5, 2017 - TBASeptember 6, 2017 - TBASeptember 7, 2017 - TBASeptember 8, 2017 - TBASeptember 9, 2017 - TBASeptember 10, 2017 - TBASeptember 12, 2017 - TBASeptember 13, 2017 - TBASeptember 14, 2017 - TBASeptember 15, 2017 - TBASeptember 16, 2017 - TBASeptember 17, 2017 - TBA
Adult = $15
Student/Senior = $13
Child 6-12 = $6
Child under 6 = $0
Friday, all tickets = $0
There is a $3 per ticket service charge.
- Service charge: $3.00/ticket
- Admission is available every 15 minutes during entry hours. For online sales, buyers will be able to select the hour of entry (10am hour, 11am hour) and will be assigned the next available 15-minute entry time that meets the request requirements, starting with the first 15-minute entry time. If you wish to specifically purchase a time on the quarter or half hour (10:15am, 10:30am), and it is not offered by the online seller, you should cancel the shopping cart and purchase that specific time slot by phone.
- The specific tour time will be listed on-screen prior to your purchase and in on-screen and email confirmations.
- MetroTix sales end at 12:01am day of event. "Day of" sales are only available in person at the Art Museum on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Entry on Friday is free, but a ticket is required. Advance ticket purchase is recommended. There is a 6 ticket purchase limit for Fridays.
Special Info for June 27 - July 4
Due to high traffic volume in the park related to the Fair St. Louis activities, there will be no advance ticketing for the exhibition this week. The Museum will be open and tickets for these dates will be available on site only.
Saint Louis Art Museum
1 Fine Arts Drive , Saint Louis, Missouri 63110