PICK THE CITY UP GLO SHO
Pick the City UP is about St. Louis’s urban youth and gun violence prevention.
Pick the City UP Tour presents Saint Louis Story Stitchers unique brand of urban storytelling, featuring live hip hop, spoken word and story magic on public health issues St. Louis cares about including gun violence. Pay tribute, join the fun, and make a difference.
The Tour will stop at community centers, neighborhoods and cultural venues across St. Louis. Story Stitchers have performed throughout the Lou this summer starting June 3rd in Tower Grove Park, on to Make Music St. Louis in the Loop District June 21st, to the City of St. Louis Juvenile Detention Center, Mathews Dickey Boys’ and Girls’ Club, to Tillie’s Corner in JeffervanderLou, Co-Op City Market on N Sarah, Thomas Dunn Learning Center in 63118, Contemporary Art Museum, in August 3 nights of Glo Sho’s at Fringe Fest, and on to the Finale at the .ZACK in Grand Center September 29th, 2017!
Special featured Guest Artists include Raven Fox of Radiant Studio Works, Caph Guei of Afryki Lolo Dance Company, SupaNova and PurpleReign, Story Stitchers Artists in Residence KP Dennis and Jarmel Reece and the Stitchers Youth Council with Guest Producer Joel P. E. King of JPEK CreativeWorks Theatre.
Public health care resources including Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America will be available in the .ZACK lobby prior to the performance and during intermission.
For the latest details visit http://www.storystitchers.org or call 314-899-9001.
September 29, 2017 - 7:00 PM
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $10.00 - adult $2.00 $12.00
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 3 hours prior to show
Fox Box Office: 1 hour prior to show
The .ZACK box office opens 1 hour prior to show.
3224 Locust Street , St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The .ZACK is the Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s new four-story, 40,000-square foot property, developed in the historic Cadillac building at 3224 Locust St. housing:
- The .ZACK Theatre, a 202-seat proscenium-style theatre to be shared by .ZACK’s resident arts organizations as part of the .ZACK Performing Arts Incubator Program which also includes co-op office space, a community scene shop with separate build and paint rooms, and prop/set storage all located in the .ZACK building.
- A full-service catering company and restaurant, Turn by David Kirkland, owned/operated by award-winning local chef David Kirkland (formerly of Café Osage).
- The Urban Ballroom, a fourth-floor, private event space with full-service catering options by David Kirkland Catering. The Urban Ballroom features panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, a customizable layout, and in-house spa, perfect for any event up to 300 people.
- Second floor retail space, the future home of Sophie’s Lounge and Music Record Shop.
- Third floor commercial office space available for rent to a wide range of tenants
.ZACK brings synergy, access, and essential infrastructure for the performing arts community in St. Louis, and will be a venue in which patrons can have a dynamic, 360-degree experience. From theater fans to food and beverage lovers, and those looking to host special events, .ZACK will provide a world class experience for audiences from across the region.
The .ZACK is wheelchair accessible.