St. Louis Sound Competition: Live Finals Event
This event, originally scheduled for June 6, will now be held on June 26th. Ticket holders may retain their current tickets and use them for the new date, or return them for a refund at the original point of purchase prior to June 26th.
Witness a star in the making, as the winner of the 2nd annual St. Louis Sound music competition is chosen in this live concert event. An array of finalists, performing everything from rock and pop to country and R&B, will be judged by a panel of music-industry professionals, with the winner receiving a trip to Nashville, and a future performance date at The Sheldon!
Proceeds from the competition benefit HEAL Center for the Arts, a non-profit organization and multi-disciplinary center of music, arts learning, and performance for St. Louis’ urban communities.
Presented by Will DeWitt and The Sheldon
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $20.00 - general admission $2.75 $22.75
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 4:00pm day of event
Fox Outlet: 6:00pm day of event
Accessibility: This event has general admission seating. The Sheldon balcony is not accessible. Please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance. Contact The Sheldon to reserve an accessible parking space on The Sheldon's west parking lot.
St. Louis Sound Competition
A music competition to benefit HEAL Center for the Arts
Musicians, bands and songwriters! Don’t miss your chance to win a trip to Nashville to record a demo of your original song and meet with music industry executives, plus a chance to perform on the Sheldon Concert Hall stage!
Musicians and bands of up to six members are invited to enter the STL Sound competition, a contest in the style of “America’s Got Talent” or “American Idol,” open to amateur and professional musicians alike in the genres of rock, pop, country, hip hop, R&B and jazz.
- Submit your original song below (no more than 7 minutes, Mp3 format and no more than 10 MB in size) by April 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- A panel of judges will review all qualifying entries, and finalists will be announced on or around May 1, 2019.
- Finalists will the perform their song at a LIVE event at the Sheldon Concert Hall on June 6, 2019 at 7:30 p.m., where the winner will be selected buy a live judging panel, based on the quality of the composition and performance.
- The First Place winner will receive transportation to, and hotel accommodations in, Nashville, Tennessee, for up to six band members, to make a demo tape in a studio and to meet executives in the music business, plus a performance at the Sheldon Concert Hall in the coming year on a mutuallyagreeable date, with the length of the performance determined by The Sheldon.
- Nonrefundable entry fee: $30
3648 Washington Boulevard , Saint Louis, Missouri 63108
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.