There is an Irish expression: Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam – a land without a language is a land without a soul. From time immemorial, languages of the oppressed have been displaced by those of the oppressor. This has been a sure way to erase the bonds of history, place and person which give a people an identify, roots – i.e., soul.
Translations, set in the fictional north of Ireland village of Baile Beag, tells of the historical attempt to subdue the Irish people through this same process. It is, thus, a timeless and place-less story but also one which is at once heartbreaking, heartwarming, frustrating and funny, as we see cultures collide yet love, hope and truth live on.
It arises from and speaks to the universally common language of ‘heart’ which can bridge all divides.
April 25, 2019 - 7:30 PMApril 26, 2019 - 7:30 PMApril 27, 2019 - 7:30 PMApril 28, 2019 - 2:00 PMMay 1, 2019 - 7:30 PMMay 2, 2019 - 7:30 PMMay 3, 2019 - 7:30 PMMay 4, 2019 - 7:30 PM
TICKET PRICE SERVICE CHARGE TOTAL PER TICKET $20.00 - General Admission $3.00 + $1 facility fee $24.00 $15.00 - Student/Senior/Military $3.00 + $1 facility fee $19.00
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 3 hours prior to show
Fox Box Office: 1 hour prior to show
The .ZACK Center box office opens 1 hour prior to show.
3224 Locust Street , St. Louis, Missouri 63103
The .ZACK is the Kranzberg Arts Foundation’s new four-story, 40,000-square foot property, developed in the historic Cadillac building at 3224 Locust St. housing:
- The .ZACK Theatre, a 202-seat proscenium-style theatre to be shared by .ZACK’s resident arts organizations as part of the .ZACK Performing Arts Incubator Program which also includes co-op office space, a community scene shop with separate build and paint rooms, and prop/set storage all located in the .ZACK building.
- A full-service catering company and restaurant, Turn by David Kirkland, owned/operated by award-winning local chef David Kirkland (formerly of Café Osage).
- The Urban Ballroom, a fourth-floor, private event space with full-service catering options by David Kirkland Catering. The Urban Ballroom features panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, a customizable layout, and in-house spa, perfect for any event up to 300 people.
- Second floor retail space, the future home of Sophie’s Lounge and Music Record Shop.
- Third floor commercial office space available for rent to a wide range of tenants
.ZACK brings synergy, access, and essential infrastructure for the performing arts community in St. Louis, and will be a venue in which patrons can have a dynamic, 360-degree experience. From theater fans to food and beverage lovers, and those looking to host special events, .ZACK will provide a world class experience for audiences from across the region.
The .ZACK is wheelchair accessible.