ALTON JAZZ & WINE FESTIVAL
ALTON JAZZ & WINE FESTIVAL
Dawn Weber - Kasimu Taylor - Danny Campbell: Trumpet Trio
Jason Swagler - Weather Forever
On site box office opens at 5:00pm (day of show only)
6:00pm - Gates Open
6:30pm – Alton Jazz Confluence
7:15pm – Jason Swagler - Weather Forever
8:45pm –Trumpet Trio
10:00pm – Approx. End Time
This year’s headlining act is the Trumpet Trio, three top-notch players in the St. Louis area: Danny Campbell, Kasimu Taylor, and Dawn Weber. These three occupy the summit of the region’s jazz trumpet talent and experience. We are privileged to host them in both collective and individual settings, featuring trumpet pieces from Alton-born Miles Davis, Dizzy Gillespie, Louis Armstrong, and others.
All three have starred at recent Festivals and ceremonies in the Riverbend. Dawn played at the original 2017 AJWF; Danny played at the 2021 Festival, and Kasimu fronted the opening act at 2015’s Miles Davis Memorial Project dedication ceremony, for North America’s only sculpture of Mr. Davis on Third Street.
The Trio’s rhythm section is comprised of three virtuosos on their respective instruments, pianist Arthur Toney, bassist Jeffrey Anderson, and drummer Marty Morrison. These versatile, terrific players have backed the biggest jazz names. They will assist the Trumpet Trio in a great night of unforgettable jazz standards and improvisation!
The middle act of three at 2023’s Alton Jazz & Wine Festival features Alton resident Jason Swagler leading the esteemed Weather Forever, playing the music of 70s-80s jazz-fusion supergroups Weather Report and Return to Forever. Players include Jason on saxophone. He’s SIU-E’s Jazz Program Director, engaging a role as WR founder Wayne Shorter. Adaron “Pops” Jackson (keys) gets a dual role as WR founder Joseph Zawinul and RTF founder Chick Corea; Pops is UMSL Jazz Program Director. Guitarist Eric Slaughter reprises RTF’s Al DiMeola; Zeb Briskovich plays all-world bassist parts of Jaco Pastorius and RTF’s Stanley Clarke; Miles Vandiver mimics drummers Alex Acuña, Narada Michael Walden, and Peter Erskine of WR, and RTF’s Lenny White.
This group recently performed before two nights of sold-out crowds at Jazz St. Louis in mid-July.
Jason performed at the 2017 AJWF in Dawn Weber’s band, and appeared in 2022 with headliner Reggie Thomas and the Nexus Trio. He is a long-time fixture in East Side R&B group Coleman Hawkins Project. Pops also performed at a past Festival with 2019’s lead-off group Good 4 the Soul.
The other three musicians are just as versatile. In-demand in both jazz and blues, Eric in May released a CD of new/original music; Zeb and Miles both play key roles every winter in long-time Jimmy Buffett guitarist (STL native) Peter Mayer’s always sold-out “Stars and Promises” holiday tour.
We are privileged to provide a platform for one of the most innovative acts in years on the St. Louis-area jazz scene. Enjoy!
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TICKET||TOTAL TABLE PRICE||INFO|
||$99.00||Ticket includes entry to the event and assigned seating at a 4-person table. The entire table of 4 must be purchased. Does NOT include reserved parking.|
||$20.00 each||$4.75 per ticket||$24.75 per ticket||$49.50||Ticket includes entry to the event and assigned seating at a 2-person table. The entire table of 2 must be purchased. Does NOT include reserved parking.|
|General Admission||$5.00||$3.50||$8.50||Ticket provides entry to the concert and seating on the general admission lawn area.|
||$5.00||$3.50||$8.50||VIP parking can be added to any ticket, and allows for parking on-site at the Amphitheatre in the VIP parking lot - 1 car per ticket. Parking lot gates open at 6pm.|
- Children under 5 are free in the GA section only. Everyone must have a ticket in the reserved seating area.
- Lawn chairs and blankets are permitted for those with GA tickets. There will be no chairs provided.
- Concessions (beer, soft drinks, food) are an additional cost and not included in any show ticket.
- Tickets may be purchased at the venue box office on the day of show only, starting at 5pm. The box office is located on the South entrance of the amphitheater.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted.
- No outside food or drink. No backpacks or coolers. No dogs (except service dogs).
- All seating areas are ADA accessible.
- There are parking lots within walking distance to the Liberty Bank Amphitheater at Riverfront Park in Alton. The two main lots are Henry Street entrance (corner of Henry & Landmarks), another by Argosy Casino Alton. Vehicles with accessible parking tags will have access to a reserved lot on the south side of the amphitheater. Parking is also available at the city-owned lot across the street from ConAgra on William Street. Street parking is available on Broadway, 3rd and 4th streets. A Pedestrian Bridge is located at Broadway in downtown Alton to the North of the amphitheater. Patrons will have direct access to the Pedestrian Bridge to get to Liberty Bank Alton Amphitheater.
METROTIX SALES END: 7pm day of show.