This event has been rescheduled to April 30, 2022.
Don’t worry, your tickets are still valid for the new date!
If you are unable to attend the new date, refunds may be requested through the original point of purchase until July 7, 2021. To request a refund, contact MetroTix at 314.534.1111 or email@example.com by 11:59pm on July 7, 2021. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
Hey there, Paula here....My show has been rescheduled for April 30, 2022. WOW. All tickets for the original date and showtime will be honored for the rescheduled date. Can't make the new date? Ticket holders will be issued a refund. I'll miss you, and I love you. In the meantime, I am prescribing some laughter at https://paulapoundstone.com/rx-laughter-videos/.
Paula Poundstone is one of our country’s preeminent comedians, known for her smart, observational humor and spontaneous wit that has become the stuff of legend. She tours regularly performing over 85 shows a year.
Paula is also an Author, Lecturer, Host, and Actress. In her second book, The Totally Unscientific Study Of The Search For Human Happiness (Algonquin Books) she asks the question, “Is there a secret to human happiness?” She offers herself up as a guinea pig in a series of “totally scientific” experiments, recording her data for all mankind. Kirkus Reviews calls it, "A deeply revealing memoir in which the pathos doesn’t kill the humor—delivers more than it promises." The book debuted at #1 on Amazon best sellers lists in Humor in Hardcover, Audible, Kindle and CD within its first ten days of release and is now out in paperback. The audio book, read by Paula, was one of five finalists for the 2018 Audio Book of the Year.
Paula is a popular panelist on NPR's # 1 show, the weekly comedy news quiz, Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! Her new weekly podcast for Maximum Fun, Nobody Listens to Paula Poundstone, is a comedy field guide to life. Each week Paula and her co-host, Adam Felber, a friend and fellow panelist on Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me! bring on leading expert guests and use their unique comedic sensibility to help us navigate life in the 21st century. Along the way, Paula attempts to explain existence through her kaleidoscopic perspective, and Adam tries to interject some rationality.
Paula’s guest appearances include The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Star Talk with Neil deGrasse Tyson, Late Night with Carson Daly, Nerdist with Chris Hardwick, and she was a clue in a New York Times crossword puzzle. She's filed commentaries for CBS Sunday Morning, and Morning Edition and All Things Considered for NPR. She voices the character “Paulette” in Cartoon Network’s new animated series Summer Camp Island. An avid Disney movie fan, Paula had a dream come true when she was cast to voice the character “Forgetter Paula” in Disney/Pixar's Inside Out, winner of the 2017Academy Award for Best Animated Feature Film.
Paula has had numerous HBO specials and starred in her own series on HBO and ABC. Her second special for HBO, Paula Poundstone goes to Harvard, marked the first time the elite university allowed its name to be used in the title of a television show.
Paula was the first woman, in its then 73rd year, to perform standup comedy at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. She won an American Comedy Award for Best Female Standup Comic and is recognized in innumerable lists, documentaries, and literary compendiums noting influential standup comedians of our time.
$45 = orchestra
$40 = balcony
A $3 historic preservation fee will be added to each ticket.
|TICKET PRICE||SERVICE CHARGE||TOTAL PER TICKET|
|$45.00||$7.00 + $3 facility fee||$55.00|
|$40.00||$6.25 + $3 facility fee||$49.25|
Doors at 7pm.
METROTIX SALES END:
Phone/Internet: 4pm day of show
Fox Box Office Outlet: 2pm day of show
Beginning April 22, 2022, The Sheldon will no longer require proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test to enter. Masks are also no longer required for entry. For the health and safety of patrons, volunteers, staff and artists, The Sheldon recommends masking at all times, unless eating or drinking, especially for those who are unvaccinated.
- Mask and vaccination policies are subject to change at the request of the performer or event organizer. Please check the website for information about individual events.
- Ticket holders will be contacted directly if the policy for their event differs from general Sheldon policies.
- Please note that these policies are also subject to change in accordance with any local mandates. The Sheldon will continue to follow the guidance and mandates set forth by public health and our local government, and will be reevaluated as vaccination and transmission rates change over the coming months.
- All public facing staff, including ushers, bartenders, security personnel and box office staff will remain masked.
- The Sheldon will also maintain a flexible ticket exchange policy throughout the season to accommodate any health and safetyrelated concerns
Concert Hall Seating Chart
A street level entrance is available, with an elevator to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floors of the building.
Contact The Sheldon in advance to reserve an accessible parking spot on The Sheldon’s west parking lot. 314.533.9900
CONCERT HALL: The Sheldon balcony is NOT wheelchair accessible. Accessible seating is located at the rear of the Orchestra level.
- For events with General Admission (open) seating, please see an usher or the box office when you arrive at The Sheldon to arrange for a seating location, or call The Sheldon at 314-533-9900 to reserve an accessible location in advance.
- Online purchases for wheelchair accessible seating in the Concert Hall are limited to two tickets (wheelchair + companion). Patrons with more specific needs or who need more than two tickets in an accessible area should contact The Sheldon at 314-533-9900.
BALLROOM & LOUIS SPIERING ROOM: These spaces are accessible via elevator and do not generally require special ticketing, unless specifically noted.
Other Venue Info
Unless otherwise noted:
- Senior pricing, if available, is for ages 62+
- Doors to the building generally open 1 hour prior to performance time. Will Call is generally available at that time.